Thursday, December 30, 2010

Letter to Senator Bill Nelson regarding his reelection

The Honorable Bill Nelson
716 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

12/30/2010

Senator Nelson:

"The Republicans desperately want to defeat me in 2012 and to that end the GOP is declaring me one of their top targets. That's why I need your help to fight back."

The sentence above was in your e-mail to me requesting money for your reelection.
Please understand, I was not kidding when I wrote to you on multiple occasions asking for you to be a leader. Each of those times you proved to be inadequate. You are a politician, an empty suit; just interested in keeping your job. You are not interested in making this country or the State of Florida better.

Americans can no longer afford to give power to people that are simply interested in coasting along, getting their salary and benefits and not making meaningful contributions to our society. You lost my vote for the 2012 election long ago. I will be making this letter available to all my friends and relatives; perhaps it will remind them of your previous record and find you unacceptable as well.

It saddens me that the Democrat party will probably not field a candidate to oppose you. Understand, I am a Democrat; I have always been a Democrat. I will not vote for the Republican candidate in 2012. But I will not vote for you either.


Sincerely,


George A. Edwards  

No comments:

Post a Comment